As part of the celebrations for the 150th anniversary of the Hospital for Special Surgery, Prof. Donnelly presented a talk entitled, “Collagen as a Determinant of Bone Properties” at the Adele L. Boskey, Ph.D. Symposium on Mineralized Tissues. The symposium honored Dr. Boskey’s 40-year career devoted to investigation of the mechanism of biologic mineralization, as well as to mentoring young investigators.
- Lloyd AA, Luengo EA, Donnelly E. Atypical fracture with long-term bisphosphonate therapy is associated with altered cortical composition and reduced fracture resistance. PNAS. 2017
- Palomino, Taylor, Lloyd to present at ORS Upstate meeting, July 27-28
- Hunt recognized with young investigator award at ICCBMT meeting
- Taylor EA, Lloyd AA, Salazar-Lara C, Donnelly E. Raman and Fourier Transform Infrared (FT-IR) Mineral to Matrix Ratios Correlate with Physical Chemical Properties of Model Compounds and Native Bone Tissue. Applied Spectroscopy. 2017
- Palomino to present at ORS annual meeting, March 19-22
- DeLucia and Burke to present at Cornell Undergraduate Research Board Fall Poster Forum, November 16
- Heather B. Hunt, Eve Donnelly. Bone Quality Assessment Techniques: Geometric, Compositional, and Mechanical Characterization from Macroscale to Nanoscale. Clinic Rev Bone Miner Metab. 2016
- Lab outing on the water at Cayuga Inlet
- Taylor to present at ASBMR annual meeting, September 16-19
- Donnelly lab graduate students volunteer with an Ithaca after-school program!
- Lab adventure at 5 Wits in Syracuse
- Lab trip to Marathon, NY for MapleFest!
- Palomino and Taylor recognized by NSF GRFP
- Wang ZX, Lloyd AA, Donnelly E. Altered distributions of bone tissue mineral and collagen properties in women with fragility fractures. Bone. 2016
- Gingerbread House Decorating
- ASBMR atypical fractures award bisphosphonate bone collagen conference diabetes Engineering Learning Initiatives Undergraduate Research Award fellowship FTIR imaging fun graduate student grant invited talk material properties mechanical behavior mechanical properties MRS multiscale nanomechanical properties NIAMS NIH NSF osteoporosis publication sledding student trabecular bone Type II diabetes undergraduate winter